• Welcome to Pokemon Revolution Online. You're currently visiting as a guest. Sign up or log in to access the whole forum and start discussions!

Search results

1. idkup

PvP - Turn timer discussion

The turn timer is fine as it is. Calculating lines can take a while, and there is no reason to hand players who do not bother thinking an advantage over those that do. Frankly, 90 seconds isn't enough to play optimally on occasion, such as when you're stuck in a difficult spot because of...
  2. idkup

PvP Season results, July 2019

my main was at 432 but i didn't want to get banned :^)
  3. idkup

PvP Season results, July 2019

got robbed of 25th tbh :^)
  4. idkup

Glalie Movesets and EV's

Moody does not work.
  5. idkup

Ranked PvP Viability Rankings (Last updated 7-17-2019)

Changelog (7/17/19): zapdos a -> a+ It's become clear that Zapdos is one of the strongest Pokemon in the current metagame. It has the ability to reliably Defog against common hazard setters like Excadrill, Ferrothorn, and Garchomp, while presenting a strong offensive threat with Electric /...
  6. idkup

Changelog (7/13/19): zapdos unr -> a moltres unr -> b- articuno unr -> c hawlucha nature jolly -> adamant Hawlucha's rank is unchanged. I had severely overestimated its damage output previously, and upon running the relevant calcs, I'm fairly confident in my assessment that Hawlucha will not...
  7. idkup

Changelog (7/2/2019): rotom-w a -> s ferrothorn a -> a+ skarmory a+ -> a- tyranitar a+ -> a togekiss a -> a+ heatran a+ -> a mew a -> b+ gengar a -> a+ staraptor a -> b+ infernape a -> a- suicune a -> b+ alakazam a- -> b crawdaunt a- -> b magnezone a- -> a serperior a- -> a starmie a- -> b+...
  8. idkup

Suggestion on banning the Prankster + Defog combo

The compendium has Corsola listed as Defensive Stealth Rock and Donphan listed as Rapid Spin. The goal is not to list everything viable, but rather everything that could reasonably see play. That aside, Manaphy rain is a different archetype entirely from conventional rain. It suffers against...
  9. idkup

Suggestion on banning the Prankster + Defog combo

"stagnant for years" Manaphy released December 26th, 2018 non sequitur
  10. idkup

[BOTH SERVERS] UU Circuit May 2019

Registration closed, round 1 started. Brackets: https://challonge.com/aszac6i6
  11. idkup

Manaphy in ranked PVP

... meanwhile, Rain continues to have a 5% / 95% matchup into prepared stall... a 25% / 75% matchup into Baton Pass... a 35% / 65% matchup into prepared balance... just because you see something all the time doesn't make it good
  12. idkup

[BOTH SERVERS] UU Circuit May 2019

The unofficial PRO Tournaments Discord is hosting another UU Circuit! Join here: discord.gg/Z5U4pdc This time, we're hosting on Pokemon Showdown in order to give players from both servers a chance to compete with each other after the vastly different metagames seen in the twin UU tournaments...
  13. idkup

Manaphy in ranked PVP

TG 3 Attacks requires heavy support to be as effective against stall as this thread would suggest, due to the existence of Toxic Chansey, which when played well shuts down standard Manaphy and (obviously) possesses much more staying power than the Manaphy. If you take the rain into account...
  14. idkup

Manaphy in ranked PVP

Manaphy is outright bad against offense unless it has support in the form of Sticky Web or Baton Passed Speed. It doesn't hit particularly hard without the Tail Glow, and offensive pressure can often prevent it from accomplishing much of anything. Full Stall is not instant-lose into Manaphy any...
  15. idkup

Manaphy in ranked PVP

... everyone here is overlooking the fact that you don't have to run slow balance or bulky offense, other archetypes exist and perform considerably better against Manaphy. No one is forcing you to play slow teams. e: also the argument that you would run Unaware Clefable, one of the most...
  16. idkup

Manaphy in ranked PVP

Unburden is only banned because it does not work correctly.
  17. idkup

Conkeldurr Ban When??

Given a free switch, these Pokemon can defeat or severely cripple a standard Conkeldurr 1v1. Simple. e: The post I was responding to was deleted by a moderator.
  18. idkup

Conkeldurr Ban When??

I won't bother entertaining that first sentence, as my record speaks for itself. Counters: - Defensive Togekiss - Cofagrigus Counters (coverage excepting): - Defensive Gliscor (Ice) - Gligar (Ice) - Defensive Garchomp (Ice) - Jellicent (Knock) - Slowbro (Knock) Checks: - Azumarill - Clefable...
  19. idkup

Conkeldurr Ban When??

Cofagrigus, while niche, isn't completely useless. The strongest consistent answer to Conkeldurr in the game is defensive Nasty Plot Togekiss, which actually does a lot in the current metagame and can always come in, even on Ice Punch. However, players like you sitting on a hypothetical PvP...